The best advice is the advice given to you by other people. As you make your way down the beach to your spot, stop and talk to someone fishing. Ask them if they caught anything and ask what they're using for bait. Mostly everyone is friendly and they will willingly give you information on how they have been successful. Do the same for people that drive past your fishing spot. Wave at everyone and be as friendly as possible. Occasionally, you may get into a conversation that will teach you something.
What is Old Salt? Old Salt is that old guy on the beach, fishing by himself and catching fish. If you find one of them, stop and talk to them. Soak up everything they tell and put their advice to work. I have learned a ton of tricks thanks to them. They have spent the time on the sand and they will tell you how to be successful.
- How to throw a cast net
- What a ghost crab is (and how to catch them)
- How to use crab claws for bait
- How to effectively use hardheads for bait
- How to keep mullet and shrimp alive on the beach
- What the fish are currently biting on
- Current conditions
- Where the fish are biting
- Also a ton of smaller things like specific knots, where not to fish, great places to catch bait, etc, etc.
Just Bitten Fishing Tackle
Copyright © 2024 Just Bitten Fishing Tackle - All Rights Reserved.